Omnivore & Semester | Readings
After listening to Python Bytes episode 349, I decided to give a try to omnivore. I really like the notion integration but sadly I think I didn’t get to the habit of opening the links as loading articles was slow and I had the constant feeling that they weren’t available offline.
I’ve also decide to divide my time into Semester after reading the vox article. I’ve setup 5 different classes with general objetives (still to be refined) and will span from September up until January. Hopefully beginning of January I can wrap-up it all and get “free-time”.
This doesn’t leave me much time for reading except to try and get more knowledge on the subjects I picked which currently are:
- Web Dev
- Code challenges (pequenos desafios)
- Data Stream
I’m hoping to better refine the goals so that I can have a % completetion feel but my main objetive is to solidify what I feel should be the skills of a mid level data engineer.
Readings of the week
- Slack’s Migration to a Cellular Architecture - Slack Engineering
- OpenTelemetry in 2023 - by Kevin Lin - Bit by Bit
- AI crap
- Semesters for adults: How the academic school year can help with goal-setting, time management, and motivation - Vox
- A side-by-side comparison of Apache Spark and Apache Flink for common streaming use cases
- Some tactics for writing in public
- Automating DBT + Airflow
- VS Code August 2023 (version 1.82)
- Announcing TypeScript 5.2