- The Basecamp Guide to Internal Communication - for those working remotely these tips are very good for improving the quality of work
- Data Mesh: is the argument a strawman? - another article on data mesh. Will it take off?
- Automating Data Protection at Scale, Part 2 - how airbnb improved the data protection company wide. As I’m working on a GDPR related project this has been mind widening 🙂
- Signaling a tectonic shift in the transformation layer - why a new metric layer might be ground breaking
- An introduction to Monzo’s data stack - monzo relies heavily on a named “modern data architecture” which was brought side-by-side with DBT
- Using Debezium to Create a Data Lake with Apache Iceberg - The introduction of iceber + debezium is a great way to improve the move from the prodution plane to the dataplane
- A Practical Guide for Kafka Cost Reduction - some tips on how to reduce kafka cluster
- Campbell’s Law: The Dark Side of Metric Fixation - why relying on a single metric can be catastrophic?
- Data warehouse is the new backend - after analyzing the data can be embedded our systems with it’s output instead of solely relying on dashboards and reports?
- Major trends affecting data engineers - an analysis on the evolution of data engineering
- Creating Airbnb’s Page Performance Score - some lessons on how to be data-driven
- How do death rates from COVID-19 differ between people who are vaccinated and those who are not? - A change in the analysis can make a major diference on how we interpret data
- Habits I’ve Developed for Fast + Efficient Programming - good tips on how be be more efficente programming